This is day one of my 1 week cosplay Facebook challenge!
It’s no good promoting a page that isn’t at its best! Today, try to look at your page as a first-time viewer might, and fix anything that’s confusing or messy. Here are some suggestions:
- Do you have an attractive, high resolution profile picture and cover photo? If they haven’t been changed or updated in a while, try doing so. (Consider making a photo collage for your cover image with PicsArt or PicMonkey.)
- Is your “About” section clear, up-to-date, and informative? Do you have other social media, website, and/or professional contact email listed?
- Are your photos organized and easy to find? If someone came to your page looking for a specific costume, could they find it? (Facebook allows you to move photos between albums if you need to reorganize.)
- Do you have a username set up, to make it easy for people to find and tag you?
- Do you have a call to action button set up? (This is a good way to send people to a YouTube video like a cosplay FAQ, or a separate website, or a contact form/email address if you want people to reach out with questions and comments.)
This is a good exercise to do at least a few times a year, to make sure you don’t forget to update things, or let things get out of hand. Organizing five years worth of photos into albums is a daunting task, but organizing a few strays from the last 6 months is doable. Try setting a calendar reminder twice a year, or quarterly, so you don’t forget!
Don't miss a challenge! Sign up for email notifications.